Thursday, June 27, 2013

Honey Mango Frozen Yogurt

I have a major sweet tooth that usually hits me after dinner, so I generally try to find healthier choices to satisfy it. I found this recipe in my Self Magazine*
I changed it up a little bit using what I already had around. Instead of the recommended healthier Greek yogurt, which is packed full of protein but quite tart, I used Trader Joe's Vanana Low Fat Yogurt. It's a subtle banana flavor that is pretty sweet by itself.

Add 1-1/2 cups of frozen mango pieces to your food processor or your blender.




Then add roughly 1/2 cup of Trader Joe's Vanana Yogurt

Drizzle 2 tbsp of honey on top

Blend/Chop until all the mango pieces are processed and the mixture is a soft sorbet/frozen yogurt texture. If it is runny, add more mangoes. If it is not sweet enough, add more honey. It's that easy!

Serve immediately and enjoy! This makes enough for two small servings. Toss the other one in a container in the freezer for another night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...